Categories

Friday, February 8, 2013

FOOD: Lemonade for "grown-ups"

I am a typical girl when it comes to alcohol. I don't much prefer beer although I will enjoy a nice Lager every once in awhile, and I do love a rum and coke, but I usually stick to the fruity stuff.
My friends and I are always trying to find new and excitingly delicious drinks and the other day Rachael came up to me with a sparkling lemon flavored liqueur.
I love lemony flavored stuff especially if it's sour, so when Rachael brought me lemon sorbet flavored Nuvo, I was ecstatic to try it!
Nuvo comes in many flavors, including passion fruit, red velvet, and peach cobbler. It is a combination of sparkling white wine, "premium French vodka", and infused with yummy fruity flavors.
We both got out the shot glasses and took our first taste and it was awful! I can't stand vodka. It tastes like water on fire; completely flavourless. Lemon Nuvo was not much different. The beginning flavor was a bit lemony, and the carbonation was definitely a new experience in a liqueur, but the aftertaste of vodka fire was just too much to handle and really took away from the lemon flavor.
So we set out to make it into a mixed drink.

 Here's what you need:
  • Sparkling lemon liqueur
  • Pina colada drink (we used ICE)
  • Sweet and sour mix
  • Half of a lemon 
Begin with two ounces Nuvo.


Add two ounces ICE drink. ICE comes in many flavors, but for this drink we preferred the pina colada. 

Experimenting with pink grapefruit flavored ICE. 
Please pardon the horrible mess in the sink...

Add 1.5 ounces sweet and sour mix. You may add more or less depending on how sour you'd prefer it. 
Squeeze the juice from half a lemon and add to your glass.
Stir and garnish with a lemon twist or wedge.
Unfortunately I don't have a good "Final" picture. I will have to make another drink, put it into a fancy glass and show you all a beautiful lemony drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment