Categories

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

GAME: Impossible Puzzle

Since I seem to be labeling all my posts, I couldn't figure out what kind of category puzzles fell into. Games, I figure.
Anyway, I love puzzles. Really. They keep me entertained and make me feel like I'm exercising my mind. I am really good at puzzles. I have this kind of puzzle super power... but I won't brag... (Okay, I'm bragging.) I can look at the puzzle for a bit, and then look at the pieces and the first piece I pick will go into the first spot I put it. I know, what a dumb "super power." I wouldn't say I am good enough to go into some sort of puzzle making championship though.
When I was younger, I would do puzzles all the time but I would put them together "backwards." I would do them from the inside out. Most people will start with pulling all the edge pieces and creating the border, but I would find similar colors and work from there. I wanted to see the picture, and starting from the outside just didn't seem like the logical thing to do. My mom and I also did those mystery picture puzzles a lot, so without having a guide on the box cover may also be a factor as to why I can complete puzzles rather quickly.
Needless to say, I was very excited when I came across a puzzle that seemed to be a bit more challenging than the average puzzle.

Bepuzzled's Impossibles "Book Smart"

Bepuzzled has a line of puzzles that they call "Impossibles." They have no border and they have five extra puzzle pieces. Of course if it wasn't already awesome enough, the picture is just a bunch of items repeated, so everything looks the same. AND if that wasn't enough for you, once you piece the puzzle together, you have to find the hidden picture. This puzzle, it's a hidden diploma, and I stupidly crushed the puzzle before finding it.

The finished product.

The puzzle took only a few hours over the span of 3 days, and there were two people working on it. We did not take into consideration how very large the finished picture would be, so when I finally got the top together, I had to improvise. See the chair extending the table in the picture above?
The five extra pieces were pretty easy to find for the most part. We found two almost right away.

The extra pieces.

I really hope to come across another puzzle like this one in the future. It was a ton of fun, although frustrating at times, definitely worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment