Categories

Friday, March 1, 2013

FOOD: Safe-to-eat Cookie Dough

I love cookie dough, who doesn't!? If I prepare to make 12 cookies I'll end up with 8 because I eat 4 cookies worth of dough. But I can't seem to avoid the ever nagging monster Salmonella that's always on my mind.

Courtesy of Google images.

Growing up, I never had to worry about Salmonella. My mom raised chickens and we would use the freshest eggs in the dough which helped avoid any cultivation of the bacteria in the eggs. However, since moving out on my own, I don't have fresh eggs available and have to be careful with the amount of raw dough I consume.
Lucky for me (and you) I found an egg-free cookie dough recipe! Yummy...

Here's what you need:

  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • water
Cream the brown sugar and butter together in large bowl.
Add flour, vanilla, and chips. 
Add water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches cookie dough consistency.

We forgot to add the vanilla until the last minute and I only added about a teaspoon and I never added the water because frankly, I wasn't paying attention to the recipe at this point. Hey, it looks like cookie dough, and it certainly tastes like cookie dough.


Store it in an airtight container in the fridge, and eat it by the spoonful. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment