Categories

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chocolate truffles!!!

It’s been awhile and I am itching to make chocolate truffles. BUT I really want to make some fun new flavors and I need inspiration.

In the past I’ve made nutella, wasabi, pumpkin pie, chili pepper, ginger, as well as various “normal” flavors like cinnamon, peanut butter, and of course plain chocolate.
But this time I really want to make something strange and new! 

If you guys want to see something specific let me know, I'm at least going to do a red wine truffle and a matcha one. Of course I'll post recipes if they turn out well.

I've been working on a list of flavors for a few days and OMG it's becoming pretty extensive. My current goal is adding to the list how to decorate each. Like if I were to make every single flavor here at once, how would I differentiate each one? Colored chocoalte drizzle, colored sprinkles, cookie crumbs, etc...

Anywho, here's my mighty list of what I've come up with so far.

Starbucks inspired:
  • Matcha green tea
  • White chocolate chai
  • Dark chocoalte chai
  • Mocha/expresso
  • French vanilla
  • Pumpkin spice
  • Berry hibiscus
Fruity:
  • Cherry/cranberry lime
  • Key lime
  • Strawberries and cream
  • Orange creamsicle
  • Raspberry cheesecake
  • Apple cider/Apple pie
  • Banana something fancy, like pie, foster, pudding, idek, split?! OMG banana split. It's decided. Banana vanilla flavored insides, chocolate and strawb flavor outside, topped with sprinkles.
  • Pomegranate
  • Ginger pear
Alcohol:
  • Dark chocolate rum
  • Whiskey sour
  • Red wine
  • Champagne
  • Bailey’s
  • Kahlua
  • Absinthe (basically anise)
  • Hot Toddy
  • Beer. Probably stout.
Savory:
  • Maple bacon
  • Wasabi
  • Chili pepper
  • Salt and pepper
  • Lemon pepper
  • Naga (sweet curry and coconut)
  • Everything bagel?! (I just saw this on a truffle website) "sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, sun-dried tomato, caraway seeds, and Utah sea salt." (Sounds interesting to say the least)
Cookies:
  • Gingerbread
  • Snickerdoodle
  • Girl Scout Samoa (Caramel coconut)
  • Thin mint
  • Oreo
Random flavors I haven’t categorized:
  • Peanut butter
  • Nutella
  • Cinnamon
  • Ginger
  • Plain chocoalte (of course)
  • Salted caramel
  • Earl Grey
  • Amaretto
  • Coconut
  • S’mores
  • Creme Brulee
  • Lavender
  • Butterfinger

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm thinking of bringing some of the ginger pear tomorrow because I have a hella lot of them. But that requires making them... COME OVER TOMORROW and help :D

      Delete